On BootCamp Helsinki kick-off day, Petteri Koponen, serial entrepreneur, founder of Jaiku, based his presentation on emotions that arises when being an entrepreneur.
Here is a quick list of emotions Petteri talked about which you may experience when starting a company.
– Excitement, you have to use your passion and excitement to convince other. Pitching: you need to do it everyday, get used to pitch to different people
– Rejections, as Startups you fight against all odds, pitch and learn to get feedback and improve all the time,
– Learn to live with constant Exhaustion, Founders are are the bottleneck of the an start up, so hire good people
– Get a personal life and do exercise, find a balance
– Be decisive. Make decisions, Fail fast but learn from it
– Pride often comes extremely easy, succeeding in Finland is way too easy and does not mean anything
– Greed: is really BAD
– Aggression is usually good but need to used right way, don´t be evil, mean or asshole. be competitive
– Focus on surviving and greater value, Team, money,
– Focus, Focus Focus, and fun, no no burnouts, work has to be fun. Specially for rest of the team to keep motivated